Tuesday 14 August 2012

Review: Palmer's Natural Bronze

Palmer's Natural Bronze RRP £5.35 - currently on offer at Superdrug £3.35

Body care products are one of my favourite sections of beauty and I'm always on the look out to find the next best moisturiser/scrub/shower treat. I have relatively normal skin on my body although my legs, especially my shins, tend to get quite dry so normally look for products that have long lasting moisture.

I've tried a few gradual tanners including a Garnier one which I really liked and Johnson's Holiday Skin, but this was a fair few years ago. As it was summer I thought I would try out another formula and  Palmer's is a brand whose products I enjoy. Plus as it is cheap as chips I figured if I wasn't the biggest fan it wouldn't be a massive waste of money.


I really like the pump packaging as it saves on waste of product and mess as well as making it really easy to apply. I also think that you get a lot of product for your money, however as you can't lock the pump it isn't the best for travel. The formula is really creamy and moisturising yet sinks in really easily meaning no waiting around for it to sink in before you get dressed. The smell is pretty strong and sticks around all day so if you aren't a fan of scent then you probably won't like this. Saying that, I personally love the scent as it smells heavily of chocolate, much more so than the other Palmer's products I think, and Matt likes it too which is always a plus :)


Obviously as it is a moisturiser it is a white lotion but you should definitley wash your hands after applying as the colour develops rather rapidly. You can apply this every day for a deeper colour, or as often as you want depending on your preference for colour intensity. I usually apply this every other day to maintain a natural looking colour. I was really impressed with how much colour this product carries as normally you have to use a lot of product for a few days with gradual tanners to see any kind of glow but after one application you can tell a real difference. I think the colour that develops from this is really natural and not at all orange, but if you are very fair it may be a bit too dark to look natural.


You do need a good exfoliator to get rid of all residue of tan as it won't just wash off like other gradual tanners I've tried. In my opinion this is very much more of a tanning product than a moisturiser - I would describe it as a moisturising fake tan if that makes sense!


Overall, I think this is a great product to maintain a natural or fake tan or for every other day use to build up a natural looking colour. As well as giving a great colour pay off it also nourishes my skin, which is the best of both worlds as nourished skin helps to maintain tan. If you are very fair this may not be the best product for you as it isn't the gradual of tanners but for fair through to darker skin tones I think it would be fine.

Have you tried this product? What do you think? xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs