Another month, another birthday! This time it was one of my best friend's 20th. Every time a birthday comes around it has become somewhat of a tradition that I make a little something to take along to the party. For this occasion I decided on something I'd never made before and was a bit indulgent and settled on Oreo cupcakes. Oreos + chocolate + cake = delish! I will apologise in advance for the quality of the 'after' pictures once they were made, as I only had the opportunity to try and picture them at the party! I also normally always include a picture of all the ingredients at the beginning but it seems to have got lost somewhere :\
* 150g margarine
* 150g caster sugar
* 3 eggs
* 125g of self-raising flour
* 25g of cocoa powder
* 3 packs of Oreos
* 1 tub of Betty Crocker chocolate fudge icing (I don't normally like using this and like to make my own icing but my dad bought it on offer and so had to use it up!)
* Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and line your cupcake tins with paper cases. Place an Oreo at the bottom of each case.
* Cream together the caster sugar and margarine until pale and fluffy.
* Beat in the eggs one at a time until fully mixed. Be careful not to over do it and curdle the mixture.
* Sieve the cocoa powder and self-raising flour together. Fold into the mixture a bit at a time.
* Using a food processor blitz a packet of Oreos until fine and crumbly. Fold all of it into the mixture until evenly distributed.
* Spoon even amounts of the mixture over each cookie and then place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until springy to the touch.
* Once cooked, leave to cool for a few minutes in the tin then transfer to a wire cooling rack until completely cooled.
* Once cooled you can now ice them. You can do this by pipeing or with a palette knife, your choice :) top the icing with another Oreo.
Can you spot the ginger bread stars from my recent recipe post?
And here is some pictures of my friends tucking in!
These went down a treat with my family too, so would be great to make for chocolate lovers or for something a bit more special than chocolate fairy cakes. Let me know if you make them and remember to tweet me a picture! @LilMisLifestyle xxx