Wednesday 8 May 2013

Review: Clarins | Lotus Face Treatment Oil |


Considering I have combination to oily skin, my skincare routine was always focused on using products that would strip the oil away. That was until around a year ago when I realised that this only made the problem worse and so started to switch up the products I was using. Even though I made those changes it was still weird to consider using an actual oil on my face but after seeing positive things about the benefits of using a facial oil I put this one from Clarins on my birthday list.

Clarins do a range of three different oils depending on your skin type - this one in particular is focused on oily/combination skin. This oil contains 100% natural blend of lotus, geranium and rosewood which are supposed to be naturally astringent and the claim is that they help to purify and refine pores as well as refining skin's texture. Hazelnut oil is also present to seal in moisture and prevent fine lines. The blend of these oils leads the oil to smell like citronella candles which is quite strong but it isn't unpleasant at all. The pipette for dispensing the oil is also really useful and enables me to get just the right amount of product. 

I apply this on damp skin (from toner) and sometimes layer on a night cream afterwards or mix it in with the cream. From the first use I could tell this worked wonders - my face in the morning was matte (something which never happens), smooth and even textured. It has also really helped with dehyration too. Only a few drops are needed as a little goes a long way - you can see a few months usage from the pictures above. This has definitely become holy grail status and something which will be a staple in my skin care. I rotate it every other night with my ANR and always see a positive difference after applying it. I loved it so much I even bought the formula for dry skin for my Mum and she loves her version too! Clarins are really on a roll at the moment and I am enjoying using quite a few of their skin care and make up bits (reviews to come!) 

If you suffer from combination/oily skin I really urge you to pick this up. It is a bit pricey but is definitely worth it. What are your skin care holy grail products? xxx

8 comments:

  1. I like the look of this but it seems bit expensive. Like you said I'm sure it will last a long while but as a starting point I think I'll look around for something cheaper. xx

    thecasualchromsomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I got it as a gift as it is a bit pricey for my student budget! Let me know if you come across any good cheap versions xx

      Delete
    2. Liz Earle does a lovely rollerball for about £18 and mine lasted about a year as you only need a tiny blob :-)

      Allie from Alliesbeauty.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. Ooo lovely, thanks for the tip! xx

      Delete
  2. Great review! I use ANR too so think I'm going to rotate this with my new Antipodes face oil. Obsessed with skincare right now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) Ooo I really want to try some things from Antipodes - looking forward to your review! xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds lovely, I have really oily skin too. Would never think to use an oil, great review

    Ellie xo design | blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprising how much using an oil can help! Xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs