Wednesday 7 November 2012

Review: FashionistA Blush Palette

L-R: (top) Juicy Apricot - Blushing Coral // (bottom) London - Rose Shine

L-R: Blushing Coral - Juicy Apricot

L-R: London - Rose Shine

£5 for the Palette // Blush £4 each

I love the idea of creating my own palette and the choice of a red or black one from FashionistA seemed a great place to start. I already have a number of eyeshadow palettes and because of my love affair with blushers recently I thought the best quad to get would be full of some new blushers, although you can mix and match with bronzers, blushers and eyeshadows. You can buy the shades individually or buy a palette and 4 shades to fill it at a discount price (I think around £10-15 for all of them together).

I chose the colour red as it is a bit different and looks quite smart. The actual quad is very sturdy and sleek with a large mirror making it perfect for on the go. The individual blushes come in sleek black containers which you can use individually or pop them out to fit into your palette. I chose the colours Juicy Apricot, Rose Shine, London and Blushing Coral.

All the blushes I chose are very pigmented so a light hand is needed but this pigmentation also means a little goes a long way and therefore the product will last longer. They are also prone to fall out but this didn't bother me too much. I found each shade very long wearing, although I never really have a problem with blushes fading in the first place.

I think my favourite out of the blushes have to be the two peachier shades as I didn't have anything similar in my collection before. Juicy Apricot is a bright peachy shade with gold flecks in it but these don't translate onto the skin like a disco ball, instead it just gives a lovely glow. London is the prettiest out of them all consisting of a shimmering peachy base with veins of pink running through. Both of these have been reached for a lot on days when I want to perk up my complexion in a not so obvious way. Blushing Coral is a very dark pink which I reach for more on nights out as it is quite a bright colour. As you can see from the pictures I managed to make a big dent in it with my nail before I'd even used it when putting it into the palette - so annoying!  This blush is very easy to over apply due to being so pigmented, however a light dusting along the cheek bones can really pull a look together. Lastly is Rose Shine, which I wore in a recent outfit post. It gives a lovely soft pink matte glow to your cheeks which would look really pretty on the apples as well as cheek bones and gives a wind bitten flush to your face.

I think this quad is great value for beginners to fill up with what they would like to experiment with. It is great for travel and versatile due to being suitable for eye shadows, bronzers and blushes and the fact you can switch the items in the palette and replace with new ones depending on your mood or the occasion. The quality of the blushes are great considering how cheap they are and I recommend you all pop down to Superdrug and give them a go! 

What would you fill up your quad with? Do you have any other recommendations for do it yourself palettes? xxx

2 comments:

  1. juicy apricot looks like such a beautiful colour! xo

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs