Something very exciting happened today... I got nominated for my very first blog award :)! The lovely Missy from Never A Dull Moment nominated me for it, so I would like to say a BIG thank you to her :) You can follow her on twitter here and check out her blog from the link above.
In case you're not sure what this award is, it's aim is to promote blogs with less than 200 followers and is given by fellow bloggers. Liebster is a German word which means 'sweetest, kindest, dearest'. There are a few rules that go with this award, which are as follows:
* The selected blogger must write 11 things about themselves, as a way for others to get to know a bit more about them.
* They must also answer 11 questions that the blogger who nominated them has asked.
* Create 11 new questions for the people I will nominate.
* Choose up to 11 people and link them to this post, letting them know you have nominated them for the award :)
This is such a cute way to promote aspiring new blogs and shows how lovely the blogging community is.
Here are the questions I got asked and my answers:
1. Where do you want to be in life in 5 years time?
I would like to have graduated and qualified as a primary school teacher and hopefully own my own home.
2. Have you/would you ever create a bucket list?
I have a mental list of the things I would like to achieve and visit etc. but I don't think I would ever write them down as a strict list that I have to complete as I think things like that are very flexible.
3. What makes you a great blogger?
I've never self-proclaimed myself as a great blogger, but I do hope people enjoy reading what I post and the way I write. I just like to post about things I am genuinely interested about and want my blog to reflect my personality.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world (money no object) where would it be?
Throughout my life I've been lucky to visit lots of different places such as Australia, Singapore and Cuba but I would love to go to America as I have never been! I want to have visited every state before I die.
5. Are you more of a morning person or a night owl?
Deffo a night owl! I am rubbish at getting up in the mornings!
6. What 4 celebrities would you invite to a dinner party and why?
Trey Songz because he is my favourite singer ever! Queen Elizabeth I because I love that era of history and am doing my dissertation on her! Stephen Merchant because he is hilarious and finally Louise (from Sprinkle of Glitter) and Zoe (from Zoella) - not sure if they count as actual 'celebrities' but they come as a package in my eyes and they are so funny! I would love to meet them.
7. How long have you been blogging for?
Around 2/3 months, so not long at all!
8. What is your favourite piece of clothing and why?
I don't think I could choose one favourite item from my wardrobe, but I am a sucker for pretty dresses! I have so many but nowhere to wear them out as they are quite formal! SO pretty though :)
9. What made you start blogging?
It was actually Miss Budget Beauty who got me into it! I loved reading her blog and then slowly started reading lots of others (see my blog roll) and decided to have a go myself. I love cooking and lifestyle blogs too so thought I would try and incorporate a bit of everything into mine.
10. What are the two things you are most grateful for, that your parents provided for you?
A good education and to appreciate what I have and where I came from.
11. Who is your celeb dream crush?
I don't really have one! If I had to pick it would either be Trey Songz or Ryan Gosling.
Now for 11 facts about myself:
* My favourite colour is pink
* I would rather have a few close friends than many acquaintances.
* I love sport but am really lazy!
* My biggest vice is chocolate.
* I went to an all girls school from year 3 until the end of school!
* My favourite flavour of ice cream is mint chocolate chip.
* I love to lose myself in a good book
* My massive phobias are of all bugs, spiders and birds.
* I hate tomatoes and mushrooms but don't mind if they are cut up really small in sauces etc - wierd!
* I would love to have 3-5 kids
* I can play piano and clarinet and am currently learning guitar (courtesy of my lovely boyfriend).
My questions for the bloggers I have nominated:
1. What is your favourite animal and why?
2. Why did you decide to start a blog?
3. Is there anything you regret and if so what?
4. What would your dream job be?
5. What is your best childhood memory?
6. Who is your favourite blogger and youtuber and why?
7. What are your goals for your blog?
8. If you could only use 3 beauty items what would they be?
9. Describe your personality in 5 words.
10. What is your favourite hobby apart from blogging?
11. Why should people read your blog?
Finally, the people I have nominated for this award are:
* Lili from Lili Rose
* Emma from Ems-Designs
* Steph from Be Beautiful
* Maisey from Makeup and Me Maisey
* Romany from Chasing Pavements
* Kerry from Running in Heels
* Jessie from The Bode Boutique
* Alyse from Shadow Wonderland
Thanks again for the nomination Missy! xxx