Thursday 27 December 2012

Review: No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water


After seeing loads of rave reviews on various cleansing waters, I thought I would ditch the face wipes (which are a beauty sin to use anyway) and try them out. I chose this one to try first as I had a £5 off voucher from Boots so it was only £4 for me. I like the pump action of the bottle, however it really isn't travel friendly as although the pump is meant to lock, if it is tipped slightly I found that the bottle leaks quite a lot.

When I bought it I wasn't aware that you can't use it for eye make up as well so that was a disappointment as well as I don't want to have to add an extra product into my routine. The liquid smells a bit like simple face wipes and was gentle and cooling to apply - it is hypo-allergenic so also suitable for sensitive skin. However, I found that even with barely any make up on I had to use a lot of liquid and cotton pads to take it off and even then this product sort of pushed the product around my face rather than taking it completely off. Luckily, I like to double cleanse, so the use of face wipes and waters for me are to take away the excess of my make up and then I follow up with a thorough cleanse using Liz Earle's cleanse and polish. I wouldn't recommend using this by itself as it didn't take off my make up effectively and after use instead of leaving my face refreshed it felt like it had an oily film over it. I also havn't noticed any difference towards oil production or the tightening of pores either.

Overall this product really disappointed me and wasn't the best start into the world of water cleansers. I wouldn't recommend this product as it had a lot of cons for me and not a lot of pros - the only good thing was the pump action.

Have you tried this product before? What cleansing waters would you suggest? xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs