Friday 20 July 2012

Restaurant Review: Côte Brasserie

As mentioned in my previous post, my boyfriend and I decided to go out for dinner at one of our favourite restaurants to celebrate some good news. Cote in Birmingham is situated in the Mailbox, a lovely building housing many designer shops, lovely restaurants and even a hotel. We started off with some cocktails at a bar/restaurant called Estilo, also in the Mailbox, where we had a Mojito Royale (Mojito with Champagne) which were gorgeous and a great way to start the evening.


We then had a short walk down the steps to Cote which has a lovely view overlooking the river. I have dined here a few times and on each occasion I have thoroughly enjoyed the service, food and atmosphere. The restaurant describes itself as "simple freshly prepared French food at value for money prices" and I would totally agree with this. The quality and the presentation of the food is fabulous and the prices are low for what you get. The only let down would be for vegetarians as there isn't many alternative choices for veggies, especially if you don't eat fish either. I also loved that instead of giving bog standard tap water, you got complimentary filtered water in a cute bottle for your table :)




For starters I had Rillettes which was so good and Matt had Crab Mayonnaise. The fact I hate crab but loved his dish after trying it shows how good the dish was!
Crab Mayonnaise
Rillettes
Then for main I chose the duck and Matt had steak (of course!) with peppercorn sauce. Again, everything was cooked to perfection - my duck was pink and the steak was done medium-rare like it was asked to be.



Lastly, pudding. Every time I go there is at least 3 desserts that take my fancy, but I can't resist getting the creme brulee over and over! Matt had the special dessert which was Praline Crepes which tasted like Guerlain chocolates mmmm!



I really recommend this restaurant if you are looking for fine dining but at an affordable price. You can look at the various locations of the restaurant and menus here. They also have various offers on such as 2 courses for £9.95 on a weekday from 12-7pm. Have you been before? xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs