Wednesday 4 July 2012

Holiday Heroes


Summer is upon us...or maybe not if British weather is anything to go by! Therefore, many of us seem to be jetting away to exotic far away places in order to enjoy some hot weather and a bit of sun. As you will all know from previous posts, I have just had a wonderful week away in Turkey and thought I would share some of heroic products I took on holiday that saved and protected my skin and hair. I am quite fair and have highlighted hair, so products that really help maintain the condition of both my skin and hair as well as protect it are really important to me.


L'Oreal expert Soar Sublime UV Protect Spray: I am in loooove with this product! I am so glad I invested in this as bleaching my hair means I have to take so much care to keep the shine and colour vibrant as well as maintain the softness and condition of my hair. Luckily, this product seems to do all of these jobs at once! It coats the hair in a 'light protective film' and left my hair feeling so soft and shiny, while still feeling like I hadn't got any product in at all. I used it on dry hair before I went out in the sun and then every time I came out the pool or felt I needed to use some more. It also has a beautiful summer scent of peaches - all around this is a must have if you have coloured hair and are going somewhere sunny! 


Sudocrem: This may seem a bit of a weird one and not essentially a 'beauty' item, however I think it is a bit of an unsung hero! It really helped with some sunburn by moisturising it effectively and healing it much quicker than with just a bit of aftersun. It is also good for if you get a few pesky blemishes that you want to banish!


Clinique Moisture Surge: I really love Clinique skin care but naturally have quite oily skin, so when I received this as part of a gift I didn't think I would get much use out of it apart from maybe winter when skin can get a bit dry. However, this was really great on  holiday when I got a bit sunburnt on my nose and forehead and this helped to stop it feeling tight and sore, as well as stave off the flakyness!


Aussie Miracle Colour Insurance Leave in Conditioner: Again, i loooove this product!! I normally use this in my standard hair routine on towel dried hair after washing, mainly because of the gorgeous scent of peaches (again! You can tell the scent of a product is a big deal to me!) However, I noticed it made a real difference on holiday because I was spritzing it on when I was in the sun on my wet hair every time after the pool. I think because I was using it a lot more than I normally would, my hair has become noticeably softer. To be honest my hair is in pretty good condition anyway considering I bleach it, but normally after shampooing I can feel it needs the conditioner. However, after using this every day it has left my hair feeling really nourished even after shampooing and so I think it is making a real difference to the quality of my hair. Overall, I think its just a really good product and will continue to use this every day to see if it lives up to what I've claimed!


L'Oreal expert Solar Sublime Aftersun Shampoo: This shampoo was amazing and I am so pleased I bought it! Again it had the peachy holiday smell (can you see a theme?!) and it made my hair soft and nourished. This product had it all really, the scent, the UV protection and I loved the fact it was formulated to get out salt and chlorine completely while still nourishing my hair so I felt like it was really clean without it being stripped. A definite must for holiday, especially because it was in a smaller bottle for travelling too.


Garnier Intensive 7 days Replenishing Lotion: This product was actually used after my holiday as I took a travel sized moisturiser with me to Turkey. I really love this for summer as it is light weight but really moisturising at the same time, so I didn't need a heavy body butter like I do in the winter as I get dry skin, especially on my legs. I also really like the scent, but I would like to try the one for very dry skin to see if it is an even better match for me.


L'Oreal Elvive Colour Protect Caring Conditioner: Another product from L'Oreal! This is my normal conditioner I use the majority of time I wash my hair and I really like it in conjunction with the shampoo to prolong my colour and I love the added UVA/B filters. I won't go into too much detail as I have already reviewed the shampoo which you can read here.

Have you used any of these products and what do you think of them? Are there any others you would recommend? xxx



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs