Monday 11 February 2013

Review: Neal's Yard Frankincense Hydrating Cream


A while back I posted about my winter skin saviours and the products which are helping to battle my dehyrated skin during these cold months. This moisturiser is one of those products mentioned and now I've used it for a few months its a good time to do a review on it.

I chose this particular moisturiser as I wanted something hydrating yet which was suitable for oily skin types too. After doing some research and reading countless reviews I thought this would be a safe bet as it is formulated for all skin types, is organic, with a supposedly light texture. The packaging is lovely, although some people might find it unhygenic, I love the iconic blue glass pot which personifies Neal's Yard and it isn't too large for travel either.

When I first used this I wasn't bowled over for a number of reasons. Firstly, I wasn't the biggest fan of the Frankincense smell and I found the cream quite heavy and left a slight film on my face therefore only being suitable for use as a night cream. However, I persevered and have grown to like this. I only need a little bit of product to cover my whole face and as you rub it in you can feel the plant oils sinking into your skin. I sometimes use it in the day before make up if my skin is particularly dehydrated to create a smooth base but it is worth noting this moisturiser took a while to sink in before I can apply make up. This has definitely worked to hydrate my skin, but sometimes it can feel a bit too heavy. In regards to fine lines, I can't really comment as I don't have any yet luckily!

Overall, this is a nice cream but I definitely think it is more suited to normal to dry skin types rather than combo/oily. I prefer using this as a night cream as it hydrates my skin over night well but won't be suitable in the day when the weather warms up. 

Have you tried this product before? What do you like from Neal's Yard? xxx

4 comments:

  1. This looks so rich and luxurious. Love the blue bottling they use in their image and all the natural ingredients. I think this is a nice winter treat, like the Lush Full of Grace serum bar I blogged about recently. Something heavier to use every so often
    xx

    http://blackswanwhiteswan10.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think its best for winter. I've never tried that from Lush, will have to look into it! x

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of using this as a night cream. I haven't tried anything from Neal's Yard but its definitely a brand I'm interested in x

    www.lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first product from the brand and I'm interested in trying other things too x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs