Sunday 24 February 2013

NOTD: Color Club | Insta-This |

Color Club // Insta-This // £10

In my last ever Jolie Box before the brand was taken over by Birch Box, I received this beautiful blue nail varnish by Color Club called 'Insta-This'. Formulated after being inspired by Autumn/Winter fashion shows, 'Insta-This' is a bright, deep cobalt blue. It reminds me very much of Nails Inc 'Baker Street', which I had been thinking about purchasing for a while so I was really pleased when I found this in my box. It isn't a normal 'me' colour, however I really liked the look of this on my nails and received  many compliments on it.

As it was my first varnish from the brand I wasn't sure what to expect. The first coat went on quite streaky, however when followed up with a second layer the colour was even and opaque, although a top coat is definitely needed for shine (I used Sally Hansen Diamond Strength). The durability of this nail varnish is great; after 2 days there was slight tip wear which you can see in the above pictures, but major chipping didn't occur until around day 4 which I was pretty pleased with.

If you like the look of this shade you can pick it up here. What is your favourite blue nail varnish? Have you tried anything from Colour Club? xxx

2 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! I actually got this in a Birchbox a while ago and I wasn't sure I was going to like it (because I don't generally go for blues like this), but I ended up wearing it for New Years Eve and I LOVED it! Now I want to use it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same, but once it was on my nails it looked really pretty! I think it will be nice with some glitter over the top too :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs