Monday 18 February 2013

Review: Nars | Orgasm Blush & Laguna Bronzer Duo |


Two cult products in the beauty blogging world are the naughtily named blush 'Orgasm' and a bronzer in the shade 'Laguna' from Nars. I had wanted to try them for ages and was really lucky when my Mum picked me up the blush/bronzer duo a few months ago. They are my first Nars products and I'm pleased I got the duo so I could sample both products.

Housed in the iconic Nars packaging and featuring a large mirror that is great for travel, the aesthetics ticks all the boxes for me. Lets start with the blush - silky smooth and with a finely milled texture, you only need to dip your brush a tiny bit into the pan to give your cheeks a lovely flush of colour and is easily buildable too. In terms of colour, Orgasm is a light pink with a hint of coral shade, flecked with lots of golden glitter particles. That might sound really scary but these golden sparkles don't leave you looking like a glitter ball but offer a lovely sheen which means you can forgo highlighter. This blusher has really lived up to the hype for me  with both the quality and colour being worth the price. I can see this lasting me ages as you don't need a lot of product and think it will be perfect for spring/summer make up.

In regards to Laguna I'm not really sure how I feel. Like the blusher this can also be built up very easily which is great for heavy handed people, however I felt like you can't see a difference when wearing it unless you build it up quite a lot. I really like that it has no orange undertones so is very natural and I've heard that it is great for contouring too (I don't really contour too much) but for some reason I just haven't fallen in love with it like other bloggers have and prefer the Bourjois chocolate bronzer. Maybe I'm not doing it right - if you have any tips on what to use/how to apply it to see if I can make it work better that would be great!

Overall I think this was a great product to introduce myself to the brand. The blusher has definitely won me over and I'll be exploring into other shades, but the bronzer hasn't done much to wow me. I do have my eyes on a few eyeshadow duos and lipsticks though so hopefully I will be expanding my Nars stash soon....

What is your favourite product from Nars? xxx

8 comments:

  1. Amazing duo :D I need to get my hands on this!

    http://thejewelbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great value as one of the products on its own is near £30 anyway x

      Delete
  2. I use Mars deep throat blusher, and that is really good. I love the colour of orgasm, however I didn't think it suited me so much. Laguna has been at the top of my list for some time now :) what sort of brush do you use for bronzer? I think I would use a Kabuki brush. This duo is really cute and very convenient :) love to post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try deep throat too :) I use a MAC 182 as it is quite soft and blends bronzer out well :) Its really great for travel xx

      Delete
  3. This is such a gorgeous duo! Would love to try Nars xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great to introduce you to the brand by trying some of their cult classics xx

      Delete
  4. i have been thinking about buying laguna for so so long after hearing loads about it, but im very pale and dont want it to be to dark, is it easy to apply lightly?
    http://www.thelilywhiteenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite pale too and find this colour is light and sheer so is buildable and natural looking. You can see on the swatch above that it doesn't show up too well with just one swipe. I think this is the lightest shade in their bronzers (don't quote me on that though!) but its worth having a swatch in store if you're not sure. Hope that helps :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs