Saturday 13 October 2012

What's On My Bedside Table?


Every night without fail I apply a generous helping of hand cream due to every day chores such as doing the washing up (the woes of not having a dishwasher in my student house), making my hands feel and appear a bit dry. The current choice of hand cream by my bedside at the moment is Jergens Ultra Hydrating Intensive Hand Cream for Extra Dry Skin. The bottle pictured is the old-style as they have recently rebranded.  I like this brand because they are cruelty free and their products are composed of a majority of natural ingredients, but apart from a nice scent I don’t think it has much more to offer. It does moisturise my hands but not that much so I’m trying to use it up and move on to another one. In conjunction with this, I rub a good amount of Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream into my cuticles and skin surrounding my nails. Not only does this product smell amazing and citrusy, it moisturises and nourishes with natural ingredients including sweet almond and lemon oil, beeswax and rosemary. A little goes a long way with this and is lasting me ages, even though I apply it throughout the day too.
Moving on from my hands to my feet – I’ve tried to get into the habit of applying a foot lotion before bed to keep my feet nice and soft for the next morning. I like this Peppermint Foot Lotion from the Body Shop as it smells good and isn’t too thick so it sinks in nicely. The last moisturising product I use is for my lips. I love to wear bright lipsticks but to do this you have to have smooth, hydrated lips. Applying a thick layer of Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Moisturising Lip Balm ensures they are smooth with a combination of cocoa butter and vitamin E, ready for lip products the next day. This also has an added SPF in so is great for the day too. Origins Super Spot Remover is a fab addition to my night routine that I couldn’t be without now. It is great at treating blemishes over night and also fades dark marks over time. I have done a full review of it here. If I am having trouble sleeping then the Perfect Sleep Pillow Mist by Champneys is lovely to spray on my pillow. It has a relaxing scent of mandarin, chamomile and predominantly lavender which help to relax and soothe you to sleep.
I normally have a book on the go when I can and it is great way to send me to sleep. At the moment I am reading One Day by David Nicholls. I have seen the film adaptation to this but have heard that the book is way better so am looking foward to getting stuck into it. Last but not least is my Forever Friends alarm clock that I have had since I was about 2 and I think is rather cute!
What do you think of these items? Do you have any of the same items at your bedside? xxx

2 comments:

  1. I have the body shop foot lotion! I didn't really like it though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that's a shame, I like to use it before bed and put on some thick socks to let it soak in :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs