Monday 14 October 2013

Review: Clarins | Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector |


When it comes to the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector range everyone and their mum seems to rave about them, most notably the lovely Vivianna. A hybrid between a gloss, tint and balm, this moisturising gel is a perfect choice for fuss free make up days when you don't want to wear a full lip. Not only does the nourishing formula smell and taste amazingly sweet, the inclusion of shea butter and wild mango help to repair and soften while vitamins A and E help to protect. The packaging is also simple but feels luxurious, with a squeezy colour coded tube and soft doe foot applicator for easy application. I own pink shade '01 Rose Shimmer' and peachy '02 apricot shimmer' with the latter being my favourite by just a little. I love how glossy the product is without feeling heavy or sticky and that the repairing and protecting claims are true.

Wear time is quite good for a gloss, but only if you are not drinking or eating, but that was to be expected. I've also found the colour pay off to be quite weak - on the lips you can barely tell a difference between these two shades, and the little bit of difference didn't pick up on camera and that is why lip swatches seemed redundant in this post. For someone who loves a bright bold lip I was underwhelmed with the lack of colour, but I suppose it sticks with the natural theme and although it is only a slight tint, I must admit it does help to perfect your lips. Clarins have recently added 3 new shades to the line up which seem to be darker and have more colour pay off so I would be interested in checking them out and seeing how they compare to their lighter counterparts.

I really love Clarins and think these products fit in well with the theme of the brand. I think the Lip Perfectors would make a lovely gift or as a treat to yourself if you have the money. At £17 a pop (Clarins seem to be hiking up the price) I wish they had a bit more colour payoff but I definitely think they are more than just a glorified lip gloss. If 'no make up' make up is your thing then these would be a perfect addition to your collection.

What are your opinion on the Natural Lip Perfector range? xxx

2 comments:

  1. One of these days I'll try Clarins lip products! I hear pretty good things about them and like you've said, everybody talks about these products in particular!

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs