Wednesday 9 January 2013

Marvelous Mascara Duo

Volume Million Lashes Brush

2000 Calorie Brush


Hello! I'm always hunting for the 'next best thing' when it comes to mascaras, but one thing that never changes is my need for a 'thiny' and a 'fatty'. I know that sounds really weird but bear with me! I use a 'thiny' to separate and define my lashes and the 'fatty' mascara to give added volume. In my experience, even when a mascara claims to do everything it once it always falls short on one or more of its critera (I still need to pick up Benefit's Their Real though which might undermine this theory). I've tried high end (my favourite so far is Lancome) and drugstore and at the moment I'm sticking with the latter as I seem to go through mascara quite quickly and can't afford to keep replacing high end ones. I already have long lashes so the main things I look for in a mascara is definition, volume and the blackest black as my eyelashes are very fair.

Maxfactor mascaras are the best for definition for me. I've tried others such as Masterpiece Max but 2000 Calorie is my favourite at the moment. It does pretty much the same job as the other mascaras from this brand although it does offer more volume (but not enough for how much I want). It has a bristle wand which is easy to use although the formula can be a little dry. With one layer it gives lovely defined natural lashes, but I like a few more coats.

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes in 'Extra Black' is another mascara I have repurchased over again. This time the brush is plastic and the formula is much wetter. This looks lovely by itself for a natural look but when layered up, offers just enough volume without looking like spider lashes. I personally like dramatic lashes even in the day so when these two are combined they give a really lovely effect.

What is your holy grail mascara? xxx

5 comments:

  1. I use those two masaras aswell! I feel as though they don't get as much recognition as they deserve! :) x

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Diamanissme version of the million lashes that came in the latest free gift offer. Had sparkly bits in. Reminded me of lancome hypnose star mascara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo wow that sounds so pretty! I didn't know L'Oreal had something out like that x

      Delete
  3. I liked the diamantissme version that was part of the last boots free gift offer. Was sparkly like lancome hypnose star mascara.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs