When it comes to hair, I'm not that adventurous, although I would like to try and step out my comfort zone this year. I have highlighted blonde hair that is easily damaged so I tend to use minimal heat and wash it about every 3 days. I'm also in a rush in the mornings so try and blow dry it relatively straight when I wash it so it will last the next couple of days without me having to use extra heat. Below are the top products I use to achieve this easy, fuss free style.
1. L'Oreal Elnett Satin Heat Protect Styling Spray: I love the smell of this product and also the bottle. The spray pump delivers a fine weightless mist to the hair so it doesn't feel weighed down or clogged with product. This version is meant to lock in your style for 3 days, but I'm not so sure it can live up to those claims but it does protect up to 230 degrees.
2. Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray: Texturising sprays can be a bit hit and miss with me, but this is definitely the best one I've tried so far. I like that it is a dry mist so it doesn't mess with your hair style, it smells lovely and it adds grit and texture without being sticky or leaving a dirty feeling in my hair. I tend to focus it in my roots and and the mid lengths to add some volume although I don't use this every day.
3. Redken Straight Line Balm: I've been using this trusty product for years. My hair is naturally quite wavy so its useful to use a product like this to help smooth out any kinks. A 20 pence piece sized amount is all you need and I distribute it throughout the mid lengths to the ends of damp hair. Again, this is a non sticky or heavy product, and also helps to protect against damp/humid weather.
4. Kerastase Elixir Ultime: This oil has lasted me ages! I did a review of it on my blog about 2 years ago now and its still going strong, considering I use it on damp hair after every wash. Again I distribute about a 20 pence piece amount through the mid to end lengths of my hair. It helps to add softness, shine and smooth any frizz.
5. Redken All Soft Gold Glimmer Perfecting Shine Treatment: This is quite a thick and heavy product, so I try and use it sparingly. Normally it gets used after blow drying to smooth out the ends and any frizzy bits on top, as when I blow dry my hair it tends to get a bit poofy and unruly! When pumped out, it has a gel like texture that has glitter particles - but when in your hair it just makes it soft and a bit more shiny. Because of how heavy the product is I tend it focus it at the very ends of my hair where it needs it most and the remnants on my palms on the top to smooth fly aways if needed.
What are your top hair products? xxx