I normally like to do my monthly round up of beauty favourites in video form as it allows me to ramble on a little bit longer but I just don't have time to film it this month which is a shame. There is lots I've been enjoying though so I knew that a blog post would have to be written to compensate!
001. Essie Peach Daquiri: I'm not sure why but this is a shade of pink that I don't normally pick but it is actually so pretty once on the nails, especially on your toes. The wear of this is amazing too - I know some people find Essie polishes don't tend to last that long but this lasted over a week until any major chipping started. I've now taken it off my fingers but it will definitely be featuring on my toes throughout summer.
002. Stila Kitten: This is a new eye shadow base that has worked its way into my every day make up from the day I bought it. I love cream shadows and this has been on my 'to buy' list for around 2 years or something silly! It is the perfect base for so many different looks, especially for lazy days when you need something easy and quick. A full review of this will be up soon.
003. Stila Convertible blush in 'Gerbera': Another new buy, this multi purpose product was something I was never sure about. A while ago there was a lot of hype around these but I've never been overly enamoured by cream blushes so although I was intrigued it wasn't a must buy for me. However, this is such a pretty natural shade which is perfect for girls who are a bit scared of cream blush as it blends out so nicely and it also lasts the whole day. It is gorgeous on the lips too and I've reached for this more often than my other powder blushes through the month of June. I'm definitely a convert and on the look out for more shades!
004. L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil: This is one of those shower products which is such a treat to use and one that I try and save for special occasions rather than every day. L'Occitane is one of my favourite brands and they have really got it right with their shower oil. The smell is sweet and just strong enough and the oil lathers gently into a nourishing milk which leaves skin feeling moisturised, soft and lightly scented. This is a great product for those of you who have dry skin or if you are a little lazy and can't be bothered with moisturiser. I loved it so much I bought a bottle for my mum!
005. Champneys Spa Indulgence Distant Shores Daily Shower Scrub: Another little luxury is this scrub from Champneys. For some reason I am really getting into their products at the moment. It is more of an every day treat scrub for me as the gel like scrub is not that harsh but the smell is divine (note: I need the bubble bath of this scent!) and the formula is enriched with grapefruit, lemon and orange fruit peels as well as mango and passion fruit extracts, which leaves your skin so smooth and smelling delicious.
006. The Bodyshop Early Harvest Raspberry Body Scrub: It's kind of strange having two favourite scrubs but I love this one for different reasons. This is much more scrubby than the Champneys version but smells amazing too - I think you can tell I have a theme with my shower products! It looks and smells exactly like jam while including just the right amount of scrub so you don't have to use it every day. The Raspberry range from the Body Shop is by far my favourite and I already have back up stocks of the shower gel and body butter.
007. Glossy reds: I'm known for switching up my make up look on a daily basis and rarely reach for the same lip product but this month I've been enjoying bright glossy reds on the lips. I think they go well with all types of bases and eye looks and just look so pretty in the summer time. I quite like a matte lip but since the weather has warmed up I think a glossy shine looks gorgeous. My favourites at the moment are the Bourjois Colour Boost lipstick stick in 'Red Sunrise' and Revlon's 'Wild Watermelon' lip butter. They are both lightweight, glossy and have great colour pay off and both have surprisingly good lasting power.
008. MAC Snob: I waxed lyrical about Max's creme cup last month which I am still utterly obsessed with but snob has also stolen my heart this month. It is creme cup's pink toned sister and looks amazing with Chanel gloss in '144' too which I will be writing up a post about.
009. The Body Shop Tea Tree BB cream: Yep, I'm pretty much obsessed with the Body Shop at the moment but everything I have been lusting after and finally purchased has lived up to my expectations. This BB cream has surpassed everything and has not only turned into my favourite BB cream but my favourite base! I will be writing a full post with details but basically it is the perfect texture, coverage and formula and is bargainous to boot!
010. Baby B Browne Tanning Lotion*: I've only ever used tanning mousses (my fave being st mortiz) but was thrilled when I got the opportunity to try out this lotion. I am in love with this tan and it has become my favourite very quickly! It gives such a nice deep colour, smells like vanilla (yum!) and lasts ages without going patchy! It has even made me prefer lotions to mousses now. I will be doing a full review of this very soon too.
I know that we are well into July now but I hope you like my picks for July! What have you been loving recently? xxx