For his birthday Matt got an old-style popcorn making machine which is not only amazingly cool but is also really easy to use. The first opportunity to christen it came when one of my best friends from Uni came to stay for the weekend and on the first night we decided to have a proper film night complete with the Princess Diaries, candles, wine and freshly popped, calorie laden popcorn.
Pinterest is an amazing source of delicious dreamy recipes (you can follow me by clicking the button on the right) and after pinning a few things for inspiration I came up with a ridiculously decadent but super tasty recipe. It's not necessary to own a popping machine as you can do it in a pan or buy plain ready made popcorn which you can add the toppings to. This is also a very flexible recipe so feel free to add more or less of the ingredients according to your taste.
What you'll need:
* A large bowl of popped plain popcorn
* 10 Oreos
* 100g white chocolate chips
* 3 tablespoons dulche de leche/ carnation caramel
* Crush the Oreos with a rolling pin or by placing them under a chopping board and applying pressure to it. Make sure they are still in the wrappers before doing this otherwise you will have Oreos everywhere!
* Empty the chocolate chips into a microwaveable bowl and heat on a low heat for 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth. You can do this over a ban marie if you so wish but it's not necessary.
* Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn and toss until covered.
* Do the same with the caramel (it gives the Oreos something to stick to).
* Finally pour in the Oreos and toss again to make sure the the mixture is evenly distrupted throughout the popcorn.
And that's it! If you can, leave to cool for around half an hour to allow it to set but you can eat it straight away if you don't mind messy fingers.
If you try this recipe let me know by tweeting me at @LilMisLifestyle :) xxx