Monday 28 March 2016

Review: Clarins | Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil in '01 Honey' |


When these were launched, it was one of those products which went right to the top of my lust list. As you probably know, Clarins is one of my all time favourite high end brands for both make up and skin care. I had just run out of my previous favourite night time lip balm (Nuxe Reve de Miel) and thought this would make a good replacement.

First off, I wouldn't use this during the day as it is not something you can layer other lip products over the top of. Instead the blurb suggests using it over lipstick as a sort of gloss. It has a very thick, almost gel like cushioned texture, and does sit on top of the lips rather than sinking straight in. This is good for when your lips are really sore as it gives them a soft, protective layer. 

The applicator is large and soft, which makes application easy but I would be sparing with the amount you put on. Although the oil is the colour and consistency of honey, the taste and smell is more floral and there is no colour pay off on the lips. Key ingredients included are Hazelnut Oil to plump and soften, Jojoba Oil to nourish and add sheen to your lips and finally Mirabelle Oil to prevent dehydration. I tend to use this in the evening before bed, to protect and nourish my lips over night ready for the next day.

For a lip product, it is very expensive and a luxury product to have in your skin care kit. However, I really enjoy using this every evening and next on my list is the Raspberry version!

What is your favourite lip balm? xxx

1 comment:

  1. This sounds gorgeous! My go to at night is the Nuxe Steve de Miel. I have a Dr Paw Paw one on my work desk and a L'Occitane one in my handbag. Next on my list to try is the Fresh lip balm xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs