Hey guys, I'm officially back, yay! All my exams are now completed and I have officially finished Uni forever, which has given me such mixed feelings of excitement, sadness and nervousness. I'm so excited to put some more love into this blog - there are so many ideas on posts that I want to write buzzing round my head and I'm also looking to update my layout too, so if you do blog designs or know someone who does let me know :). I haven't done a favourites post in such a long time, but decided to try and start them up again as they are one of my favourite types to read and are great to give readers some product recommendations. Even though this is a bit late, I have quite a few for August as I've recently been trying out new things.
001. Paul Mitchell Curls Ultimate Wave Cream*: Ever since I received the Curls range from Paul Mitchell when I attended this event, this particular product has become a staple in my routine. It is a lightweight cream that helps to maintain and define my natural waves without feeling sticky or heavy. A little goes a long way and the smell is gorge - a must have for beachy waves.
002. Dove Hair Therapy Oil Care Leave in Conditioner: Again, this hair product is now a firm favourite in my haircare routine. I use it on wet hair to detangle and in between washes to keep my hair soft and sleek. The spray is so fine and the formula lightweight that it doesn't weigh down fine hair. It has really helped to keep my hair in good condition and smell lovely.
003. Paul Mitchell Clarifying Shampoo Two*: Used once every one or two weeks, this clarifying shampoo helps to cleanse excess product and oil from your scalp and hair that can cause dull, lifeless styles. It leaves my hair thoroughly cleansed without feeling stripped or affecting my colour, which other deep cleansing shampoos failed to do.
004. Estée Lauder Pure Colour Eye Shadow Duo in 'Raisins': As you would expect, the quality of these eye shadows are amazing. Buttery soft with barely any fall out, they apply like a dream and have great wear time. This particular colour pairing is not something I would normally choose but after seeing a few swatches online I saw that they are a great combination for blue eyes.
006. Revlon Lip Butters in 'Watermelon' and 'Sorbet': You may already know that I'm a massive fan of the lip butters as they are easy to apply, have a great colour selection and are nourishing as well. At the beginning of summer I added these two shades to my collection. I've worn these pinky red and hot pink shades a lot during the day as they have good colour pay off but are not too harsh and opaque like a lipstick, which is a bit more summery and easier to up keep in the warmer weather.
007. Color Club Nail Laquer in 'Mod in Manhattan': This colour is so pretty and a great first step into the trend of tippex nails. It isn't too stark white to be scary, but has a peachy tinge which warms things up a little and is different to anything else I own. It looks elegant by itself on short nails, or is lovely as a base coat to a colourful glitter (as seen here).
008. No 7 Brush Cleanser: I've been after a brush cleanser for ages to use as a spot cleaner in between deep cleans. This has been an absolute godsend, especially for eye brushes which I don't have too many of (yet) and makes creating different looks much easier. It's completely changed my make up routine and wouldn't be without it now.
009. Yankee Candle in 'Salted Caramel': Salted Caramel is one of my favourite things, so was really pleased when I received this from Matt as a good luck present. Yankee Candles are amazing at getting every scent just right, and this combination of butter and sugar makes it perfect for the colder months that will be upon us soon.
All these products will have in depth reviews going up in the near future, so keep a look out if there is something you like the look of and want some more info on. What has been your favourite product during August? xxx
* PR SAMPLE